As we all known, Copper Nickel (Cu-Ni) alloys are now widely used in marine and industrial applications. Because of its lot of advantages:
- High corrosion resistance properties (being non-corrodible, they have long lifetime and lower pipeline maintenance costs).
- Durability (high safety factor of mechanical strength in terms of hydraulic damages).
- Well withstand high and low temperatures. The lowest allowable temperature is minus 100°
- Natural antifouling properties. Cu-Ni is one of the very few alloys with natural Antifouling properties.
- Good fabrication qualities.
Copper Nickel Applications:
Copper Nickel alloys are widely used for marine applications due to their excellent resistance to seawater corrosion, high inherent resistance to biofouling and ease of fabrication.
- Subsea marine area
- Sea water pipe work
- Shipbuilding & offshore energy.
- Oil and gas production
- Heat exchangers and condensers
- Power stations
The two main cooper nickel are 90/10 ( C71500) and 70/30( C70600). The 70/30 is the stronger and has greater resistance to seawater flow, while the 90/10 provide good service for most applications. Due to Cu-Ni alloy are becoming more widely available and acceptable. Besides, it also means sources for supply of this material are easily accessible.
For more info of Cu-Ni, try to contact GLENFLANGE now.