Flanged Connections & Welded Connections
There are no standards that determine the use of a flange. Because one weld is needed to connect these pipes, flanged connections are used in a newly-installed factory. This saves flange costs.
Disadvantages of flanges
- It is expensive to insulate flanged pipes.
- More space is needed for flanged pipe systems
- A flange connection can leak
Benefits of flange connections
- Painting and blasting are not necessary.
- Piping spools can be assembled without welding.
- Numerous piping spools can be manufactured.
Kindly check Glenflanges Pipe Spools